Catering Social Sales Manager
Location: 6250 Highway 7, Vaughan Ontario
Posted date: May 24, 2023
- Self motivated, business savvy, revenue oriented.
- This individual will help promote and sell our fantastic Five-Star service for a wide range of social events such as Weddings, Fundraisers, Birthdays, Showers etc.
- Knowledgeable food and beverage individual; able to envision guests dream event and to create packages to suit both clients and company standards.
- Savvy revenue oriented, able to maximize financial company expectations
- Food Cost knowledgeable, able to work with our culinary team to manage costs and profitability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with potential clients and take them on a tour of the venue
- Create clear and effective written proposals and contracts for current and prospective clients
- Following up with prospective clients and advising on a wide range of customizable menus to meet their requirements and budget.
- Following up with menu adjustments if applicable
- Following up on tentative contracts
- Following up on all sales leads
- Confirming contracts in a timely manor
- Upselling on our other companies and brands (Engine 8 Media for print and digital media, Baskets for gifts etc.)
- Preparation of the event invoice
- Achieving the established sales targets
- Replying promptly to phone calls and e-mails
- Sending information letters and faces to clients of upcoming promotions and events
- Coming up with new and creative menu ideas
- Finding ways to increase sales
- Monitoring Website
Qualifications and expectations:
- The successful candidate must have Post-Secondary Education in Sales/Marketing, Business Communication/Administration or Hospitality and 1 – 3 years’ Experience in a sales position.
- This is a full-time salaried position and expectation is no less than 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekend availability is required.
- Ability to tailor the sales strategy to the type of clientele
- Ability to follow price lists to ensure menus and budgets operate with a profit
- Ability to problem-solve and provide recommendations for alternate menu, décor, room or venue possibilities to fit the client’s needs.
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated customer focus with strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and trend-setting
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and be quick to learn on catering and floor plan programs such as Microsoft Visio
- This role is event based with evenings and weekends shifts not limited to early openings as well, forecast two-week schedule to be planned with General Manager or Assistant GM.