Corporate and Special Events Coordinator
Location: 6260 Highway 7, Vaughan Ontario
Posted date: April 19, 2022
Description of Position
- Work with the corporate sales team at all PNP venues once a meeting or event is confirmed to coordinate all details of the event. This is applicable to all corporate events and any other “special events” or clients that are assigned.
- Liaison with other suppliers within our own company and outside our company to assist the client with executing their event i.e.: AV, décor.
- Design agendas, floor plans, detailed event summaries, and client BEO’s for the operations team and other suppliers that are participating in the event.
- Track and manage the master calendar of approved/confirmed events and pending inquiries for events.
- Assist with tracking and managing the master calendar for deposits and payments with Controller.
- Engage in ongoing liaison with vendors to establish a mutual working relationship for future events. I.e.: A/V companies, décor companies etc.
- Maintain and increase sales for all PNP venues via up selling, as well as add-on features to client’s event once it is confirmed i.e.: décor, food upgrades.
- Assist in the execution of the department's sales, marketing, and business plans.
- Liaison daily with operations team, and the culinary team at each venue to execute upcoming events.
- Actively attend client events, meetings, tours, menu tastings and any special projects as requested by managers (i.e. Trade shows etc.).
- Attend weekly operations meetings at venues present on upcoming events
- Actively create, update, and maintain all client databases for any mailing, correspondence, and promotional reasons.
- Coordinate internal events/parties for all byPeterandPauls.com venues when required/requsted for the purpose of increasing corporate sales i.e. client appreciation parties.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of all information seen and/or heard at all times.
- Reports directly the Manager of Corporate Event Logistics and the Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Qualifications: The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, or a degree/diploma in event planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have their own car and be prepared to make rounds at venues for events
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, stress-management skills, and a go getter
- Must be able to build relationships and be a team player
- Creative, resourceful, cost efficient and intuitively driven
- Reports to work daily from 9am until 5pm Monday thru to Friday. This position requires some availability of evenings, weekends, and holidays for those events that occur outside of normal working hours. This is a full time salaried position and expectation is no less than 40 hours per week.
- On occasion attendance of off-site events is required
- Ability to multitask & prioritize job duties and have a "sense of urgency”
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires the employee to have a vehicle for mobility to attend meetings, events etc., as well as the employees use of their personal cellphone for conducting business