Corporate Catering Coordinator
Location: 111 Princes' Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario
Posted date: June 17, 2019
Corporate Catering Coordinator
byPeterandPauls.com (Hotel X Toronto)
ByPeterandPauls.com is recruiting for the Hotel X Toronto Catering Department the top Corporate Event Coordinator in the City! Hotel X Toronto is a luxury urban lake front resort, located in Downtown Toronto, and is the cities most talked about hotel for luxurious weddings! Featuring stunning event spaces with breathtaking views, and one of kind unique features. Coordinating a memorable luxury experience is the main focus of the Corporate Event Coordinator at Hotel X Toronto, as we strive for excellence. Your professionalism, experience with luxury brands, and knowledge of the Hotel will be crucial to ensure that clients feel that there is no better choice for them for their event!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Organize event booking files, and maintain accurate activities within files consistently.
- Obtain/confirm all event-related information (to include, but not limited to meeting specifications, audio visual, rooming lists, technical needs, exhibit needs, food and beverage requirements, etc.) with client, organize/distribute group resumes, conference agendas, event orders, floorplans, etc. to all operating partners accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Drive function space optimization/maximization, to ensure best utilization of space for guest experience and financial performance of department.
- Liaison with accounting to initiate/follow up on billing procedures, ensuring deposits and/or credit applications are received within acceptable timeframes.
- Conduct pre-conference/event meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated.
- Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle inquiries.
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that affect/are affected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Catering department.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Lend support and guidance to conference services team
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, or a degree/diploma in event planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, stress-management skills, and a go getter
- Must be able to build relationships and be a team player
- Creative, resourceful, cost efficient and intuitively driven
- Reports to work daily from 8:30am until 5pm Monday thru to Friday. This position requires some availability of evenings, weekends, and holidays for those events that occur outside of normal working hours.
- On occasion attendance of off-site events is required
- Ability to multitask & prioritize job duties and have a "sense of urgency
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Must have experience with a CRM. Experience with Delphi is an asset.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires the employee to have a vehicle for mobility to attend meetings, events etc.