Corporate Sales Manager
Location: 6260 Highway 7, Vaughan Ontario
Posted date: March 14, 2019
byPetrandPauls.com is currently looking for a seasoned sales professional with prior corporate group sales experience to generate new business for all byPeterandPauls.com event venues, conference facilities, and related services. The ideal candidate has been previously responsible for generating and maintaining corporate group business for a hotel or conference space, in excess of one million dollars, and has an existing roster of corporate group clients and relationships.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Responds quickly and effectively to telephone/email inquiries for corporate group requests, RFP's, meeting or catering requests
- Schedules weekly outside sales calls, lunches, and conducts site inspections to generate new corporate group business
- Maintains a weekly cold call schedule to develop new corporate group business
- Attends networking events, tradeshows, and appointments set up by the PR team to generate sales
- Liaisons with the PR team on a daily basis to generate leads and new business avenues
- Issues proposals and contracts and follows up to secure client commitments, consistent with set space and revenue guidelines
- Participates in revenue management processes to ensure that revenues are maximized
- Contributes to the development of unique experiences to reflect guest expectations and to support improved revenue capture
- Actively participates in cross-sell efforts to direct business to all byPeterandPauls.com venues and services in order to fully mine the potential of all corporate accounts
- Maintains updated profiles for potential and existing clients with detailed information on potential and actual production
- Participates in sales meetings organizes sales blitzes and brainstorming opportunities to increase sales results.
- Distributes timely and accurate information to all departments regarding contracted requirements and identified the unique needs of groups, meetings, and events taking place to allow for the seamless delivery of exceptional service against pre-defined standards.
- Assists in the development of Marketing Plan, Budget and Month End Reporting, as required.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism in activities and appearance.
- Develop a close relationship with the PR Team, Corporate Event Detailers, Sales Coordinator and Director of Corporate Sales (key relationships)
- Reports on a daily basis to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Qualifications and expectations:
- The successful candidate must have Post-Secondary Education in Sales/Marketing, Business Communication/Administration, and or Hospitality
- 2-3 years Experience as a Corporate Group Sales Manager in a hotel or related property
- Detail oriented
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communications skills
- Excellent time management skills and stress-management stills
- Reports to work daily from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday. This position required full availability of evenings, weekends and holidays for those events that occur outside of regular working hours.
- The expectation of self-motivation and monitoring of workload and schedule (i.e.. 7.5 hours one day, 10 the next) to ensure that clientsâ€™ needs are met and sale/planning/execution of events is done in a timely manor
- Attendance at off-site events is required
- Demonstrated customer focus with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize job duties and have a strong sense of urgency
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Event Management Software, and floor plan programs such as Microsoft Visio.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires the employee to have a vehicle for mobility to attend meetings, events, etc.