Director of Falcon SkyBar
Location: 111 Princes' Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario
Posted date: July 08, 2019
This brief job profile is to give a general idea of the job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. In our employees, we look for a passion to anticipate and meet our guests’ needs and an insatiable desire to attain the highest levels of quality and service in all areas of the restaurant. The Director of Food & Beverage and General Manager can add duties not mentioned in this job description.
Director of Falcon SkyBar
Director of Food & Beverage and/or General Manager
All Outlets Service Staff
The Director of Falcon SkyBar conducts many major tasks. Primarily he/she is responsible and accountable for the management of his/her dining room, the training, and conduct of all service management, service staff, as well as offering the highest level of service to our guests as specified in our operating procedures set forth by the Company. His/her duties encompass office obligations, including departmental scheduling, costings, and inventories. He/she also hires and schedules service employees. The Bar Manager may also be involved in the planning of menus for their bar(s) and other special events. A complete understanding in all relevant national and local laws regarding the restaurant operations, labour codes, and food safety including HAACP regulations will be needed to ensure that the establishment has exceeded guest expectations and receives high ratings on internal and external audits.
The Bar Manager will have the opportunity to utilize his/her essential skills and talents to:
- Establish a positive work environment and an attitude of exceptional guest service and superior food product quality.
- Supervise food & beverage staff to include recruitment & selection, orientation, training & development, scheduling, management, and employee relations, as well as liaise with all chefs.
- Enforce policies and procedures established by Company Management and all applicable governmental and local health and employment codes.
Maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as safety standards in the workplace is incredibly important for all personnel. The Bar Manager will consistently maintain a high level of personal hygiene as well as a high standard for uniform, conduct, and business ethics.
As a necessary requirement of this position, the Bar Manager must have a working knowledge of English as international personnel may fill positions under his/her authority.
Responsible for ensuring excellence in customer service is achieved and guests' experience exceeds their expectations. In collaboration with the management team ensures that all food and beverage offerings are prepared in accordance with high-quality standards and takes advantage of opportunities to improve.
- Manage the development of the Hotel's beverage program, including craft cocktail menu development, wine, and beer selections, and seasonal changes
- Maintain relations with vendors to ensure beverage program is set up for success
- Develops the bar menu and pricing strategies.
Purchasing and Inventory
- Orders all supplies and ensures items are available on a timely basis in conjunction with the GM, Head Chef/Executive Chef and Purchasing department
- Maintains inventory controls and responsible to conduct inventories
Food & Beverage Production and Presentation
- Forecasts and communicates volume expectations with other F&B Management
- Consistently checks food & beverage quality and presentation
- Collaborate with the culinary team on wine pairing selections
- Ensures repair & maintenance of all equipment
- Maintains a sanitary and safe bar/dining and storage environment for all products, guests and employees.
- Implements and maintains HACCP plan with the Head Chef/Executive Chef for bar and storage areas.
- Interviews, hires, and positively motivates all staff
- Establishes, follows up, and signs off on training program for all staff
- Evaluates employee performance in writing bi-annually
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements and schedule, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members
- Serves as a role model for managers and employees through teamwork, attention to detail, and quality control.
- Develops service standards, trains staff members and ensures implementation.
- Interacts with all team members
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Ensures that employees receive a fair opportunity to advance
- Responsible for the development and achievement of revenue, labor and supply budgets
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs
- Prepare and execute departmental payroll bi-weekly and submit to Controller
- Assist in monthly bar inventories
- In collaboration with the marketing department develops initiatives to attract and retain future business
- Responsible for operating plans, covers/revenue goals and achieving budgeted expense targets