Director of Hospitality and Operations
Location: 8540 Jane St, Concord Ontario
Posted date: July 14, 2022
Overseas and directly responsible for the operations and hospitality experience at all event venues and event spaces under the Peter and Paul's Hospitality Group of Companies. Approx. ten and growing.
Overseas a large leadership team of General Managers/Operations Managers to ensure the success of their respective venues or event spaces thus ensuring Peter and Paul's Hospitality Group remains the leader in exceptional hospitality, social and corporate events. This position is for a well-seasoned hospitality professional excited to take on a new challenge with extensive hospitality knowledge, who poses a high energy level, exceptional organization skills, business acumen, and leadership qualities.
Duties of Position as it Relates to the Management of the Senior Operations Team and Specific Venues
- Overseas the entire venue leadership team/General Managers, operations and hospitality group of each event venue and event space owned/operated by the Peter and Paul's hospitality Group
- Works/leads the teams to create a memorable hospitality experience for our clients and ensures client satisfaction by leading, supervising, directing, developing and training employees to ensure that "Excellence" is the standard always
- Creates and implements new operations/management innovations to enhance the client experience based on current trends as well as maintains knowledge of new and evolving techniques in the hospitality industry to ensure our venues are maximizing efficiencies and consistently innovating
- Creates, develop, and recommend short and long-term operational guidelines and procedures, annual operating budgets, and capital budget programs that are aligned with revenue goals, analyzes revenue and labor reports, making strategic adjustments as necessary to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability, as well as partnering with the Marketing department to leverage offers and services to increase business
- Develops a business plan that will support Company initiatives and enhance venue quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies, and employee productivity benchmarks, as well as establish the criteria for screening and selecting new employees to match business volumes and ensures optimum support for each venue
- Establish a hospitality culture with accurate and timely service to the highest level of customer satisfaction and propose innovative solutions for continual improvement for both operations and employee/client engagement
- Establishes goals, objectives, and strategic planning and provides direction, guidance, and support to ensure the successful operation of the venues including promoting excellent client/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all clients and associate concerns, and is responsible for the safety, appearance, and operation of the venues
- Overseas the client recovery process
- Oversees inventory purchases and supplies, uniforms, manages accuracy of inventory management system, and cost controls for related expenses
- Monitors and controls the maintenance/ sanitation of venues, facilities, grounds, kitchen, equipment, and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds company standards and regulations
- Maintains venue repair and capital improvement budgets, ensure cost effectiveness, forecasts and plans facility improvements by establishing criteria for repair versus replacement, and proactively works to circumvent any damages to assets through preventative maintenance
- Develop and oversee comprehensive vendor contracts which provide a quality product at a fair price while establishing project control numbering system in accordance with the three-bid system, and communicating with vendors and contractors on a consistent basis to streamline processes and maintain accountability
- Maintains training and certifications applicable to the management members and ensures all training, regulatory, inventory, and team member documentation is complete and up to date i.e.: employee files
- Create an environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform their best, and develop their skills as it relates to lifelong learning and their Company career while utilizing professional development and appropriate training programs that monitors results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis
- Responsible for all preâ€”opening aspects of new acquisitions/venues as well as perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the venues
- Assists the operation team in hiring and recruitment to build solid teams at all levels of management in the venues including hourly staff
- Attend weekly operations meetings at all venues, and ensure ongoing dialogue and communication with each venue to understand all events upcoming
- Trouble shoots and problem solves any all issues at the venues that require senior level management and support
- Must be creative and strategic to manage and stimulate positive change and progress at all times
Qualifications: The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related field required.
- Master's in Hospitality Management Or Business degree preferred
- Minimum twelve (10) years' experience in the hospitality/hotel industry required.
- Minimum eight (8) years' progressive supervisory and managerial experience, directing, leading, and coaching others to exceed organizational standards
- Must have experience managing multi event space or hotels simultaneously
- Must have previously held an Executive position within a high end hospitality setting
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements.
- Ability to prepare, understand, present, and analyze business strategies.
- Advanced proficiency in budgeting, Profit & Loss, and business planning mandatory
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and POS Systems
- Proven managerial problem-solving
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive measurable results
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability; as well as, organizational and strategic agility
- Demonstrated ability for people development and employee engagement by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding team members accountable
- Reports to work daily from 9am until 5pm Monday thru to Friday. This position requires availability of evenings, weekends, and holidays for those events that occur outside of normal working hours or required duties. This is a full time salaried position and expectation is no less than 45 hours per week.