Location: 125 Moatfield Dr. North York, ON, M3B 3L6
Posted date: June 30, 2022
Are you passionate about the restaurant industry? Looking for growth? A place to call your own? Do you possess care, drive, confidence, style and a "can do" attitude? Do you love intensity, excitement and high energy environments and want to create and design a memorable dining experience always?
Peter and Paul's Hospitality Group is looking for a General Manager for one of our most important assets the David Duncan House. The ideal candidate is a seasoned restaurant manager who has experience in a high end restaurant setting who understands what is takes to manage and ensure the success of a multi-million-dollar Restaurant and its people. In this role, you will be responsible for the entire operation of the David Duncan House and attracting, retaining, and developing a high performing team of individuals, while driving their personal growth. You will efficiently deliver and execute exceptional service and maintain and grow our clientele. Most importantly you will innovate and get creative to stimulate new opportunities and revue growth.
- Manages to ensure an exceptional guest experience from start to finish
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Prepares and implements standard operating procedures, coordinates restaurant operations during each shift, determines and implements operating improvements
- Manages all aspects of staff performance in accordance with established service standards, ensure staff knows and adheres to established steps of service and service standards
- Monitors adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards, ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures, inclusive of alcohol regulations, ensure a safe working environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team and guests, maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems
- Maintains restaurant cleanliness and upholds esthetics standards
- Monitor staff schedules and ensures that budgeted labour costs are met
- Maintaining accountability for all internals controls around invoices, cash and other payments handling and procedures
- Interacts with guests, to ensure all inquiries, guest recovery and complaints are handled promptly
- Implementation and execution on marketing and promotional activities in partnership with the Peter and Paulâ€™s marketing team
- Appropriately adapts to seasonal changes and creates and manages relevant initiatives including new menus
- Arranges for maintenance and repairs of equipment and services
- Ensure repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance plan for the building, facility, and grounds
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train
- Complete weekly payroll reports
- Review weekly reservations and events
- Manages the booking and securing of private events
- Host and lead weekly manager meetings
- 4+ years of experience as a restaurant manager
- Degree in restaurant or hospitality management preferred
- Extensive food and wine knowledge
- Proven ability to develop, coach and inspire a high-performing team
- Proactively recruit, hire and retain talent
- Ability to manage budgets and forecasts
- High attention to detail with integrity to elevate the guest experience
- Fully understand and embody Peter and Paulâ€™s Hospitality can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Demonstrated experience with decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, customer focus, management proficiency, managing profitability, quality control
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of restaurant operating platforms i.e.: Silverware, Opentable, and varies POS systems
- You value honesty and humility. You have integrity and do what you say.
- You are creative, risk-taking, visionary and cutting edge. You choose to lead.
- You contribute to a strong culture and are committed to the team.
- You are passionate about quality and professionalism.
- You believe in client first and building lasting relationship with your clientele
- You understand the restaurant industry is evening and weekends
- You understand "Hospitality"