Jr Sous Chef - Senior Line Cook
Location: 125 Moatfield Dr. North York, ON, M3B 3L6
Posted date: June 06, 2019
We are looking for hard-working employee's to work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment. The candidates will prepare high-end menu items a la minute for our guests. Instructing 2nd Cooks and kitchen helpers in the preparation, garnishing, and presentation of food. You will ensure the quality of food, portion control and requisition of food to uphold the David Duncan House standards.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts (optimal)
- Extensive knowledge of high end steak house food
- Highly effective knowledge on the grilling of steaks and seafood
- 2+ years' experience as a senior line cook in a full-service restaurant
- Speak, read and write English
- Cook Trade Certification, Cook Red Seal Certificate, Food Safe Certificate, WHIMIS
- Works safely and responsibly
- Excellent attention to detail and well developed organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- Maintain and upkeep of kitchen equipment
- Great culinary imagination
Duties and Responsibilities
- Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations.
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special guest requests while ensuring the same high-quality standard
- Performs preparatory work such as cutting meat, fish, seafood, and sauces
- Cooks food according to recipes, quality standards, and presentation standards
- Washes and sanitizes tools, knives, and kitchen area
- Knowledge of how to use a wide variety of kitchen equipment
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers' needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place requisition orders
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
$17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- How many years of chef de partie in a full-service restaurant experience do you have?
- How many years of Line Cook experience do you have?
- How many years of supervisory role experience do you have?
- Are you in Toronto, ON?