Line Cook (Vacancy 4 positions)
Location: 299 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1P7
Posted date: June 10, 2022
Line Cooks that would be responsible for day-to-day food preparation. Our Line Cooks show attention to detail in all their work. Cleanliness is key and maintained throughout service and they will always go out of their way to take care of our guests. Working with a team first mentality and going above and beyond is something they do proudly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform delegated tasks from Executive Chef, Ched de cuisine, and/or General Manager.
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to Clio standards.
- Prepares vegetables, fruit, meat and seafood with great technique and following safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Preparing food from scratch, according to recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications set out by the leadership team.
- Maintaining a prep list of station duties and taking effective notes for station set up and service.
- Maintaining clean and organized stations at all times, without exception.
- Following FIFO method to maximize product freshness.
- Restocking any low items during shift.
- Cleaning food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
- Reporting any equipment/utensil malfunctions/deficiencies to the Chef.
- Assisting in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Operating standard kitchen equipment with caution and care.
- Performing all opening and closing assignments as instructed.
- Adhering to the Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program, WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Treating their colleagues with respect and dignity at all times.
- Working collaboratively with the Clio team.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 1 year cooking experience in a fast-paced, high-end restaurant.
- Experience cooking and handling food in a high-volume dining restaurant.
- Possession of a culinary diploma is an asset.
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmy and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
- Ability to lift items of up to 40 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour