Sales Events Coordinator
Location: 1000 Murray Ross Pkwy, North York Ontario
Posted date: June 10, 2022
The Sales/Events Coordinator is part of multiple location team to manage three locations including Kortright EventSpace, BlackCreek EventSpace and Eaton Hall Country Inn & Spa. This position will report directly to the Director of Sales & Event.
This individual is responsible for working in partnership with the Event Operations Managers to maximize business revenues and event execution for all locations. The Sales/Events Coordinator works with all department including; Social Sales Manager, Corporate Sales team, Marketing, Operations team and external clients to develop/coordinate well executed events that meet their goals and objectives. This position coordinates all events process, production schedules, floor plans, checklists, correspondence, creativity and all details to complete a well executed events and weddings.
Administrative tasks including but not limited to processing payments, maintaining and updating the events calendar, regularly updating and circulating various reports to the Operations team, and ensuring all shared platforms, servers and communications are kept up to date and in an orderly fashion, month and assisting General Manager with various tasks.
This individual should pride themselves on their organizational and time management skills, as well as be able to work both independently without supervision and as part of a team. This individual will also partake in weekly Operations/BEO Meetings and Property Operations Meetings.
*This position provides proper training to elevate your career to an Senior Events Manager with PNP, and career elevation will be given to this candidate should a role of this nature become available and a minimum of one year of employment be completed.
Qualifications: The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, stress-management skills, and a go getter
- Must be able to build relationships and be a team player
- Creative, resourceful, cost efficient and intuitively driven
- This position requires you to be working through the week with schedule based on business level. You will work on regular basis from Monday thru to Friday from 10am â€“ 6:30pm and on site during the event. Â This is a full-time salaried position and expectation is no less than 40 hours per week.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize job duties and have a "sense of urgency”
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires the employee to have a vehicle for mobility to attend meetings, events etc. as well as the employees use of their personal cellphone for conducting business