Social Catering Coordinator
Location: 111 Princes' Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario
Posted date: June 17, 2019
Social Catering Coordinator
byPeterandPauls.com (Hotel X Toronto)
ByPeterandPauls.com is recruiting for the Hotel X Toronto Catering Department the top Wedding and Social Event Coordinator in the City! Hotel X Toronto is a luxury urban lake front resort, located in Downtown Toronto, and is the cities most talked about hotel for luxurious weddings! Featuring stunning event spaces with breathtaking views, and one of kind unique features. Coordinating a memorable luxury wedding experience is the main focus of the Social Catering Coordinator at Hotel X Toronto, as we strive for excellence. Your professionalism, experience with luxury brands, and knowledge of the Hotel will be crucial to ensure that brides and grooms feel that there is no better choice for them for their special day!
Description of Position
- Work with the social sales team at Hotel X once a wedding or social event is confirmed to coordinate all details of the event. This is applicable to all social events and any other “special events” or clients that are assigned.
- Liaison with other suppliers within our own company and outside our company to assist the client with executing their event i.e.: AV, décor.
- Design agendas, floor plans, detailed event summaries, and client bio’s for the operations team and other suppliers that are participating in the event.
- Tracking and managing a master calendar of approved/confirmed events and pending inquiries for events.
- Tracking and managing a master calendar for deposits and payments with Controller.
- Engaging in ongoing liaison with vendors to establish a mutual working relationship for future events. I.e.: Av companies, décor companies etc.
- Maintain and increase sales for Hotel X and byPeterandPauls.com via up selling, as well as add-on features to client’s event once it is confirmed i.e.: décor, food upgrades.
- Conduct food tastings with wedding and social clients
- Conduct site inspections and final walk through with wedding and social clients
- Liaison daily with operations team, and the culinary team to execute upcoming events.
- Actively attends client events, meetings, tours, menu tastings and any special projects as requested by managers (i.e. Wedding Trade shows etc.).
- Attend weekly operations meetings to present on upcoming events/daily 2:30pm stand up operations meetings
- Actively creates, updates, and maintains all client databases for any mailing, correspondence, and promotional reasons.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality of all information seen and/or heard at all times.
- Reports directly the Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, or a degree/diploma in event planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, stress-management skills, and a go getter
- Must be able to build relationships and be a team player
- Creative, resourceful, cost efficient and intuitively driven
- Reports to work daily from 8:30am until 5pm Tuesday thru to Saturday. This position requires some availability of some evenings and flex hours to accommodate evening menu tastings and final site inspections. Some Sundays may be required, schedule will flex to accommodate when required
- On occasion attendance of off-site events is required
- Ability to multitask & prioritize job duties and have a "sense of urgency
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Must have experience with a CRM. Experience with Delphi is an asset.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision