Social Event Coordinator
Location: 111 Princes' Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario
Posted date: April 10, 2019
POSITION: Social and Wedding Event Coordinator, Hotel X Toronto
byPeterandPauls.com at Hotel X Toronto is looking for a seasoned wedding and social event coordinator to join the catering team to coordinate both weddings and social events. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in wedding planning/execution preferably in a hotel setting and will have had previous experience dealing with a high calibre clientele in a luxury setting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with brides/grooms and social clients to coordinate all event-related information for social events and weddings (to include, but not limited to event specifications, audio visual/entertainment, food and beverage requirements, event agendas, floorplans, etc.
- Conduct site inspections leading up to event to ensure clients vision is met/exceeded day of event
- Coordinate and attend menu tastings and assist with menu planning
- Assist client in coordinating vendors for day of event i.e.: florists, furniture/prop company, linen supplier, entertainment etc.
- Assist in execution of event/meet and greet client day of event
- Conduct pre-event meetings with pertinent departments within the hotel to confirm all relevant details of event are communicated to hotel team to ensure flawless execution of event (attending daily event meetings with hotel operations team to review upcoming events)
- Ensure exceptional client experience while onsite, through personal interaction throughout the event.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post event, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Lend support and guidance to conference services team and colleagues should there be assistance required with other events
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
*Hours/days expected Tuesday-Friday 10am-6:30pm Saturday 11am-8:00pm, some flex on these hours may be required and regular hours may apply in non-wedding season months.
Qualifications: The successful applicant must possess the following:
- 3-5 years of wedding and social event planning experience within a luxury property
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, or a degree/diploma in event planning
- CRM experience- Delphi or Delphi FDC an asset
- Prior knowledge of working with social tables/floor plan design programs an asset
- Food and wine knowledge is an asset
- Detail Oriented
- Highly responsible and ethical
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, stress-management skills, and a go getter.
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to build relationships and be a team player
- Must be creative, resourceful, high energy, and positive
- Ability to work days and nights/weekends if events require
- Must be exceptionally groomed and take pride in dressing and grooming in line with a luxury event experience