Social Sales Representative
Location: 6250 Highway 7, Vaughan Ontario
Posted date: December 19, 2022
Universal Eventspace is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to help grow our business. This individual will help promote and sell our fantastic Meeting and Event Venue located in Vaughan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with potential clients and take them on a tour of the venue
- Create clear and effective written proposals and contracts for current and prospective clients
- Following up with prospective clients and advising on a wide range of customizable menus to meet their requirements and budget.
- Following up with menu adjustments if applicable
- Following up on tentative contracts
- Following up on all sales leads
- Confirming contracts in a timely manor
- Upselling on our other companies and brands (Engine 8 Media for print and digital media, Baskets for gifts etc.)
- Preparation of the event invoice
- Achieving the established sales targets
- Replying promptly to phone calls and e-mails
- Sending information letters to clients of upcoming promotions and events
- Coming up with new and creative menu ideas
- Finding ways to increase sales
- Monitoring Website
- WHEN NEED IT: Help the logistics team detailing some events as need it during shortage of labor force, high peak season, etc.
- There could be additional tasks added to this job description as the company sees needed that are not outlined but are inclusive of productivity justification.
Qualifications and expectations:
- The successful candidate must have Post-Secondary Education in Sales/Marketing, Business Communication/Administration or Hospitality and 1 – 3 years' Experience in a sales position.
- This is a full-time salaried position and expectation is no less than 44 hours per week. Evenings and weekend availability is required.
- Ability to tailor the sales strategy to the type of clientele
- Ability to follow price lists to ensure menus and budgets operate with a profit
- Ability to problem-solve and provide recommendations for alternate menu, décor, room or venue possibilities to fit the client's needs.
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated customer focus with strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and trend-setting
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and be quick to learn on catering and floor plan programs such as Microsoft Visio